Current Open Positions at Canvs:
Downtown Orlando Office
Join the most exciting startups in town and sit at the center of one of Orlando’s best-known hubs for community, creativity, and technology. Canvs is a coworking space and non-profit organization founded in August 2014 with the vision to support Orlando’s Technology startup community, making it easier for anyone in the region to start and grow a company. Our space has more than 17,000 square feet and is located in downtown Orlando in the revitalized Church Street Exchange building. Nearby are public transportation options and some of Orlando’s best bars, restaurants and entertainment venues.
Launched by local technology executives with the aim to transform Orlando into a top-ten city nationally for technology startups, we are home to more than 230 entrepreneurs and more than 100 tech companies and allied businesses. We are also home to Starter Studio, a 12-week technology accelerator program held several times per year, as well as FireSpring Fund, the area’s first and only evergreen seed fund investing in early-stage technology companies. As part of the growing entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region, we are host to many meetups, user groups, educational workshops, networking events and lectures of interest to community organizers, technologists, and creatives. Canvs has recently opened a second location in the heart of Winter Park, a nearly 8,000 square-foot space to serve as a hub for growing ventures in the area.
We have an immediate need for a Community Coordinator to run day-to-day operations for Canvs and its members, as well as recruiting, screening and onboarding new members into our space.
- Respond to member needs and inquiries and help to create a sense of community
- Act as tour guide to prospective members and visitors, explaining pricing/benefits
- Liaison to community partners to build the Canvs brand in the region
- Manage daily operations of the facility and troubleshoot issues that arise
- Coordinate events being held in the space
- Support operations of multiple Canvs locations
- Update Canvs website and other sites with information on meetups/events/news
- Manage membership inquiries and new member onboarding
- Complete administrative tasks including calendar scheduling, distributing mail, and ordering supplies
- Manage membership database, CRM platform, and various online systems
- Keep kitchen stocked and conference rooms in working order
- Have fun
The ideal candidate will be a sales and service oriented individual who is interested in new technologies and the people building them. Our Community Coordinator will be an ambassador for Canvs as well as for entrepreneurialism in our region. You must be able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and turn to creative problem-solving skills to keep operations run smoothly. Attention to detail and time management skills are a must. If you have strong oral communication and listening skills, are poised with the public, excited about interacting with and supporting tech entrepreneurs, then we’d like to talk to you. If you have deadly Nerf gun skills, are tech savvy, get along well with bright and eccentric people, and have a passion for startups and their culture, then we MUST hear from you ASAP.
Submit your resume to Dropbox.